The Biodemography Core provides social and biological scientists with consultation for grant and project development, literature review assistance, pilot work assistance, specimen collection and assay services, assay development, assay validation, analytic and archival services for biodemographic research.
The primary function of the core is to facilitate biomarker research. Our goal is to allow CSDE affiliates and scientists from other institutions to undertake projects involving biomarker measurements with relative ease, where time, cost, and expertise would otherwise be significant obstacles. We offer a wide range of consulting and laboratory services to support biodemographic research.
- Direction in integrating biomarkers into your research
- Assistance with design and implementation of pilot work and funded projects
- Guidance for identifying and using previously collected biomarker data
- Assistance with grant preparation, including budgets for biomarker collection and assay
Facilities and Expertise for Biomarker Use
- Assay services for urine, saliva, dried blood spot, serum and plasma specimens
- Assay protocols tailored to population-based research
- Adoption, development, validation and publication of new biomarker assays
- Innovative methods for the collection and storage of biological specimens
- Training in biomarker methods
- Archive facility for biological specimens