Assistant Professor, Global Health
University of Washington
Tel: 206-543-8382 Box: 354809
CSDE Research Areas:
- Demographic Measurements and Methods
- Health of People and Populations
In the News:
- Brad Wagenaar Analyzes Impacts of Ebola Disease Virus Outbreak on Primary Healthcare Delivery in Liberia (2/26/2018)
- Spotlight on CSDE Affiliate, Brad Wagenaar (9/16/2020)
- Two New Papers from Wagenaar and Colleagues (12/10/2021)
- Wagenaar, Sherr, & Co-Authors Explore the Risk Factors Involved in Road Traffic Injuries in New Study (4/15/2022)
Dr. Wagenaar is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Global Health at the University of Washington, and a Technical Advisor to Health Alliance International, a Center in the Department of Global Health. His work focuses on using innovative implementation science methods to answer pressing questions around improving public-sector health systems and health policies globally. He has particular interests in improving the prevention and treatment of mental illness in low-resource settings in the US and globally. In addition, he is passionate about the use of quasi-experimental designs and routine health information systems data to optimize the scale-up of complex health systems approaches globally.
He is currently PI or Co-I on a number of mental health implementation science projects in Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, and South Africa. As faculty in the DGH, he teaches the Advanced Global Health Evaluation Methods course (GH537) offered each spring. He has also worked to develop innovative online distance learning courses in implementation science that have, to date, trained >1,000 students from >30 countries.