The UW Data Collaborative (UWDC) is a virtual, ‘cold storage’ data room that provides the infrastructure to harness innovative, but hard-to-access and highly sensitive data for the development of novel, high-quality research and evidence-driven policy making. Central to the UWDC is a state-of-the art computing cluster that provides access to sensitive and/or restricted data in a secure and computationally sophisticated environment. The UWDC is available to UW faculty and is a one-of-a-kind facility for accessing secure data at the UW.
Through the UWDC:
- Researchers may be able to access valuable data already provided by other researchers.
- Researchers can securely deposit their data for sharing with others.
- Researchers can securely integrate their data with other data sources to extend the value of those data.
- Researchers can apply a full array of software to analyze sensitive or restricted data for scientific insights.
Access to all data require complying with data use agreement terms and sometimes requires approval of a principal investigator. See Our Data for details.
- ADD Health Data
- Chitwan Valley Family Study Data
- CMS Medicare & Medicaid Services & Beneficiaries Data
- Data Axle – Info Group – Historical Business and Consumer Data
- Eurostat Microdata
- Fragile Families
- Gallup Microlevel Polling Data
- IBM Watson Market Scan Data
- Scraped Online Rental Listings
- Seer Medicare Linked Data
- Washington Merged Longitudinal Administrative Database
- Zillow Assessor and Real Estate Data
The UW Data Collaborative (UWDC) offers a range of services to help facilitate access to innovative, but highly-restricted data, as well depositing highly-restricted data with the intent of sharing those data with others.
- Assist in the development and execution of data-sharing agreements and data security plans.
- Provide highly-secure storage and access to restricted data that allows researchers to efficiently use and analyze data without jeopardizing confidentiality.
- Develop strategies and tools to resolve data gaps and challenges, including techniques for de-duplication, imputation of missing cases, geographic information systems, record linkage and merging.
- Offer consulting for research design and analytic strategies that leverages the statistical, demographic, and econometric expertise of CSDE.
- Foster communities of data users to promote collaboration across campus and scholarly communities