2019 HSRProj Research Competition for Students: Identifying Research Gaps in HSR
Posted: 3/11/2019 (Funding)
AcademyHealth is proud to announce the third annual HSRProj Research Competition for Students hosted by AcademyHealth and the National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR) of the National Library of Medicine (NLM). This annual competition invites students to use data from the Health Services Research Projects in Progress (HSRProj) database in conjunction with other sources to identify research gaps in health services and systems research.
All projects should include the following:
- A research statement that outlines a topic related to population health and/or social determinants of health that is missing or under-represented in the field of health services or systems research as a whole. You may also choose to focus your project on missing or under-represented topics in the HSRProj database itself.
- A methods statement that clearly explains how the HSRProj full database downloadwas deployed, as well as the rationale for additional data sources, such as those listed below under “Resources.”
- A statement of findings/conclusions and recommendations, including a justification of the significance of the topic.
- Data visualization(s) (no more than three) that illustrate the findings in an engaging and comprehensive manner (e.g., graphs, charts, models, infographics).
To be eligible, students must:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in health services research, communication science, data science, informatics, information science, public health, health economics, statistics, or a related field;
- Work alone or in groups of no more than three;
- Work with an academic advisor (and it is strongly encouraged, but not required, for students to seek out university librarians for advice on your project);
- Use the HSRProj full database, which is available online in .xml here and Excel format here; and
- Use at least one supplemental data source, such as those listed below under “Resources.”
Location: Academy Health