Congratulations to CSDE Graduates and Students for Numerous Honors and Awards
Posted: 6/10/2019 (CSDE Research)
We would also like to recognize CSDE Fellows and Trainees who are graduating, accepting jobs, and being recognized with a number of honors and awards:
- CSDE Trainee Christian Hess will receive a PhD in Sociology Summer 2019. He received the Society for Study of Social Problems Graduate Student Paper Award for Youth, Aging and Life-Course. He will be a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Center for Urban Research and Education, in the Department of Public Policy and Administration, at Rutgers University-Camden.
- CSDE Trainee Alumnus Leah Isquith-Dicker received a PhD in Biological Anthropology Winter 2019. She will work in research or evaluation.
- CSDE Trainee Savannah Larimore will receive a PhD in Sociology Summer 2019. She will be a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Sociology at Washington University in St. Louis.
- CSDE Fellow Christine Leibbrand will receive a PhD in Sociology Summer 2019. She received the College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Medal for Most Outstanding Graduate Student in the Social Sciences, and will be an Acting Assistant Professor of Sociology at UW.
- CSDE Trainee Max McDonald will receive an MPA Spring 2019. He was awarded a Foreign Language Area Studies Fellowship for this Summer from the Southeast Asian Center at the UW Jackson School.
- CSDE Trainee Alumnus Chiho Song received a PhD in Social Welfare Winter 2019. He is working on a collaborative project titled “longitudinal analysis of refugee resettlement cities.”
- CSDE Trainee Brenda Gellner was a participant in the Institute for Research and Poverty’s and Howard University’s Center on Race and Wealth (CRW) Dissertation Proposal Workshop in Washington D.C. Spring 2019.
- CSDE Trainee Erin Carll received the West Coast Poverty Center Dissertation Fellowship (Summer 2019) and the NSF Dissertation Improvement Award.
- CSDE Fellow Connor Gilroy received the UW Sociology Department Award for Outstanding Performance for the Master of Arts Degree.
- CSDE Trainee Bradley Kramer received an ITHS NIH TL1 Translational Research Training Program grant and is co-PI for a Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute Implementation award through Public Health-Seattle & King County.
- CSDE Trainee Charles Lanfear received the UW Sociology Department Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- CSDE Trainee Neal Marquez participated in the June 2019 Fifth Annual Workshop on Formal Demography, at UC-Berkeley, co-sponsored by the Center on the Economics and Demography of Aging and the Berkeley Population Center
- CSDE Trainee Yohan Min received the Clean Energy Institutes Graduate Fellowship 2019-2020.
- CSDE Trainee María Vignau Loría also participated in the June 2019 Fifth Annual Workshop on Formal Demography, at UC-Berkeley.