Applied Statistician/Population Modeler
Posted: 9/2/2018 (Employment)
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company whose mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company.
The Consumer Insight and Engagement department’s role is to provide high quality market research to the Altria family of companies by leveraging best in class techniques and supports the exploration and development of innovative and cutting edge tools
We are currently seeking an Applied Statistician / Demographer to join our department in Richmond, VA.
The selected candidate will be a critical resource in supporting our Regulatory Affairs and FDA engagement initiatives. Responsibilities will include:
• Development and execution of population impact modeling and simulation in support of modified risk tobacco product (MRTPA) and Premarket Tobacco Product Applications (PMTA).
• Advanced analysis of internal consumer research (such as tobacco risk perceptions, use intentions and dependence)
• Advanced analysis of external databases (such as NHIS, BRFSS, PATH and NSDUH) and the reporting and presentation of highly technical analyses.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA
• Applying statistical expertise to meet complex regulatory requirements for FDA submissions.
• Leveraging consumer tracking and research studies for modeling and simulation exercises.
• Supporting the development and evaluation of technical research protocols, statistical analysis plans and advanced analytic techniques to meet regulatory requirements.
• Identifying and critically assessing emerging tobacco-related research and methods to apply in a regulatory environment.
• Performing exploratory statistical analysis of data for conference presentations and/or manuscript submissions
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• An advanced in degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Quantitative Methods, Operations Research or a related field. PhD preferred.
• Experience in demographic and/or behavioral science modeling, information management and research design.
• Understanding of the tobacco category and regulatory environment preferred.
• 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience (Background in CPG a plus).
• Expertise in statistical software for data analysis (SAS preferred).
• Strong advanced analytical capabilities such as regression analysis, agent based modeling and data mining including CART/CHAID.
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a deadline-oriented department within a rapidly evolving regulatory environment.
• The ability to work in a collaborative manner in a team-oriented environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, with the ability to lead the reporting of complex and technical analyses.
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your consumer insight skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
Location: Altria Group