Assistant Professor, Demography Area
Posted: 8/14/2018 (Employment)
Department of Sociology
Assistant Professor (Demography area)
The Department of Sociology invites applications for a tenure-track position in the area of demography. Starting date is August 2019.
– Teach both undergraduate and graduate level courses in the demography area as well as some general sociology courses
– Develop a research agenda that leads to publications in leading demography and sociology journals; actively seek external research support as appropriate
– Service to the department, college, and university as well as to the profession at a national level
– PhD in Sociology or related field (e.g., Demography) by the start of employment (August 2019)
– Area of study is demography. (Expertise in social inequality is preferred.)
– Experience teaching demography or sociology courses at either the undergraduate or graduate level
– Demonstrated research productivity through one or more published or in press journal articles or book chapters in top tier demography or sociology outlets, or research presentations at national conferences.
Location: Bowling Green State University