Assistant Professor, Health Disparities and Inequities – Health Services
Posted: 3/5/2018 (Employment)
The Department of Health Services at the University of Washington seeks to fill one full-time faculty position with a focus on Health Disparities and Inequities as an Assistant Professor (WOT*) on a 12 month service period, with an anticipated start date in fall 2018.
We are looking for individuals with a PhD degree or equivalent terminal degree in public health or a related discipline, including but not limited to health services, health behavior, health policy, demography, economics, sociology, anthropology, political science, social work, social epidemiology, geography, gender studies, ethnic studies and cultural studies. We are especially interested in candidates with experience in health care disparities, social determinants of health, health informatics, implementation science, or health policy.
Faculty members in our department are expected to: (a) conduct an independent research program that complements department, School, and University research initiatives and programs, (b) participate in collaborative research programs as appropriate to his/her interests, (c) teach in the department’s educational programs, and (d) mentor undergraduate, Masters and PhD students.
Applicants for this position should have research interests focused on populations in the United States whose health status is impacted by social and structural inequities, such as racial and ethnic minorities, immigrant populations, people with lower socioeconomic status, rural communities, and sexual or gender minorities. More specifically, we are interested in candidates with the following skills:
- Strong methodologic skills, including quantitative, qualitative or mixed methods research approaches.
- Experience working in collaborative interdisciplinary research teams.
- Ability to establish and maintain research ties to underserved communities.
- Potential to generate external funding for research over time.
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, and diversity and equity issues in higher education. This includes the ability or potential to involve undergraduate and graduate students in faculty-directed research and/or mentor diverse undergraduate and graduate students in independent research.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
- A letter of interest describing your research interests and teaching experience
- A diversity statement that describes your experience related to diversity, inclusion and equity, as well as your potential to contribute to our diversity mission and commitment to being an anti-racist institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Four references or four letters of recommendation
Review of applications will begin March 31, 2018. The position is open until filled.
Send application materials via email to:
Holly Bergstrom, Manager of Faculty Human Resource: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Health Services, University of Washington
Location: University of Washington