Assistant Professor in Geography and/or Anthropology
Posted: 11/28/2017 (Employment)
The Geography and Anthropology Department at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside seeks applicants for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Geography and/or Anthropology, scheduled to start in the 2018-2019 academic year.
Responsibilities include teaching either introductory anthropology or introductory geography courses; GIS courses; as well as other courses as needed and in keeping with the applicant’s knowledge and competence. This position will teach 24 credits annually (4/4 standard fall/spring course teaching load) in the Geography and Anthropology programs. This position will teach classes in both the undergraduate and graduate programs as assigned by the Geography and Anthropology Department Chair. Opportunities to teach additional courses in the summer and winterim semesters may be available in both programs for additional compensation depending upon the needs of the Geography and Anthropology Department. The focus of this position is expected to establish and maintain an active research program in their field, either Anthropology or Geography, with emphasis on incorporating research into the classroom. In addition, the position will be expected to contribute service to UW-Parkside, the College of Social Sciences and Professional Studies, the Geography and Anthropology Department, their profession and community including advising students in the Geography or Anthropology programs.
- A PhD in anthropology, Geography, or related discipline
- Expertise in and Ability to teach new and existing GIS courses
- Ability to teach introductory courses in either Anthropology or Human Geography
- Knowledge and ability to teach undergraduate courses in modern human biocultural diversity
- Teach Introduction to Culture and Environmental Sustainability
- Any of the following areas of expertise:
- Climate Change
- Medical Anthropology or Medical Geography
Applications received by 11:59 PM January 16, 2018, are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
Visit the link below to learn more about the position and apply.
Location: University of Wisconsin-Parkside