Assistant Professor of Political Science
Posted: 3/5/2018 (Employment)
Job Description: Full-time tenure-track position teaching a range of American Politics and other political science courses.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach 12 credit hours each semester in undergraduate political science courses (SUU places major emphasis on quality teaching).
- Carry out committee and/or special assignments upon request of the department chair or dean of the college.
- Make recommendations for equipment, texts, audio-visual materials, reference materials, etc., to support program instruction.
- Advise Political Science students.
- Develop course content, objectives, and evaluation systems for course offerings.
- Provide on-going assessment of course offerings and degree requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
PhD in political science or related discipline, with emphasis in American politics. ABD nearing completion in appropriate field considered. JD with significant teaching experience in American politics and political thought also considered. Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate how their degree field and/or experience will supplement the department and benefit students.
- Ability to effectively teach political science courses, with emphasis on American Politics and American Government.
- Ongoing professional scholarly activity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Support collegiality and stewardship concepts.
- Ability and willingness to adapt courses to current technology applicable to the discipline and teach some online courses.
- Ability to teach political thought and an introductory research methods course desired.
- Background in identity/minority politics desired.
- Effective teaching record in an accredited institution of higher learning preferred.
Learn more and apply at the link below.
Location: Southern Utah University