Assistant Professor of Social Work
Posted: 3/5/2018 (Employment)
The Social Work Program within the Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Social Work invites applications for a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level beginning August 16, 2018. The new MSW program offers a specialization in Clinical Practice with a focus on health, mental health, and health disparities. The teaching load is a 3/2, and we are looking for candidates with a specialization in one of these areas to teach across the Social Work curriculum, particularly HBSE , Research, and/or Policy courses. The candidate’s primary appointment will be in the MSW program with the possibility of some teaching responsibilities at the undergraduate level.
- Applicant must have an MSW from a CSWE accredited program.
- A Ph.D. in social work or a related field, or a D.S.W. at the time of appointment.
- Established record of scholarly research, and/or conference presentations.
- Record of excellence in teaching.
- Ability to teach one or more of the following courses: HBSE , Research, and/or Policy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to engage in research across disciplines.
Review of applications will begin October 1, 2017.
Location: Auburn University