Assistant Professor of Sociology and Criminal Justice
Posted: 2/27/2017 (Employment)
The Department of Social, Cultural, and Justice Studies at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Sociology/Criminal Justice, which will begin on August 1, 2017.
Successful candidates will possess the following requirements:
- D. in Sociology or a Ph.D. in Criminal Justice with an M.S. in Sociology (ABDs will be considered, but must have completed doctorate before start date); JD degree alone is not acceptable.
- Ability to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate (masters) levels. Candidates must exhibit teaching and research expertise and willingness to teach in areas of sociology and criminal justice with particular emphasis in the areas of gangs, hate crimes, deviance, and/or urban sociology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and conduct research in an interdisciplinary, merged department is preferred.
- Candidates should also be willing to engage in a variety of instructional modalities, including online instruction.
- Willingness to engage in assisting UTC campus in its ability to reach additional goals as specified by UTC’s Strategic Plan.
Location: University of Tennessee, Chattanooga