Call for Applications: Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR) Global Scholars Program
Posted: 1/16/2018 (Funding)
CIFAR invites exceptional early career researchers to join CIFAR’s global network of 370 researchers from 18 countries who together are pursuing answers to some of the most complex challenges facing the world today. The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding, skills training, mentorship, and opportunities to collaborate with outstanding colleagues from diverse disciplines to position scholars as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
• $100,000 CDN in unrestricted research support
• A two-year membership to a CIFAR research program, with outstanding research leaders from across disciplines. Learn what it’s like to be a CIFAR Fellow
• Specialized leadership and communication skills training
Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of a full-time academic appointment. Please note that postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply to the program. Scholars’ research interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
In 2018, the eligible programs are:
• Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
• Bio-Inspired Solar Energy
• Gravity & the Extreme Universe
• Humans & the Microbiome
• Molecular Architecture of Life
How to apply
All applications are submitted online and must include letters of reference. See detailed overview of the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program.