Call for Papers: Oxford Symposium on Population, Migration, and the Environment
Posted: 5/2/2017 (Conference)
You are invited to participate in in the 5th International Oxford Symposium on Population, Migration, and the Environment. The symposium will be held 3 and 4 August 2017 at St Anne’s College, Oxford, U.K. Alternatively, you may wish to attend the December session. The event will meet on the 7th and 8th at St Hugh’s College, Oxford. Consult the site below for abstract submission and registration deadlines.
- Keynote speaker – David Coleman, Emeritus Professor of Demography; Associate Fellow, Department of Social Policy, University of Oxford.
- You are invited to present a paper that encourages the exchange of interdisciplinary ideas about the main themes of the conference: world population increase, human migration, and environmental sustainability. Alternatively, you may wish to attend as a panel member.
- The Symposium seeks to cover a broad agenda that includes disciplines such as economics, education, environmental studies, agriculture, law, political science, religion, and social studies.
- Topics for presentation may reach beyond these areas, and our website contains an extensive list of suggested topics.
- Participant abstracts will be published online in the conference proceedings. Papers presented at the meeting will be subsequently peer-reviewed by external readers for possible inclusion in Symposium Books or sponsored academic journals.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Location: St. Anne's College, Oxford, UK