Communicating with Faculty – Workshop for International Grad Students
Posted: 2/21/2017 (Local Events)
When you are an international graduate student, communicating with faculty from a different culture can sometimes be stressful. This event will introduce different approaches that will make communication with faculty easier. At this workshop, a panel of faculty and staff members from across the disciplines will share insights on this topic.
During the workshop, you will:
- Learn tips to communicate effectively with faculty members
- Discuss strategies to navigate miscommunications
- Network with fellow international graduate students
- Mari Ostendorf, Professor, Electric Engineering
- Wendy Thomas, Associate Professor, Bioengineering
- Xiaosong Li, Professor, Chemistry
- Kelly Edwards, Professor, Bioethics
- Jennifer Tee, Graduate Advisor, Public Health
The free event is co-sponsored by Core Programs in the Graduate School, GPSS and FIUTS. Send questions or comments to Ziyan Bai.
Time: 12:00 - 1:30 PM PT
Location: University of Washington, HUB 334