Posted: 9/16/2018 (Employment)
The main objective of this consultancy is to assist with methodological developments and improvements, further maintain, update and optimize the child and adolescent mortality database, assist in generating child and adolescent mortality estimates, support preparing for country consultations, preparing for the child mortality reporting under the supervision of the Statistics Specialist in the Data and Analytics Section, Division of Data, Research and Policy.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s) in demography, statistics
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in the area of demographic and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of methods of demographic analysis and child mortality estimation.
- Advanced experience in statistical programming with R.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to take initiatives and work independently.
- Creativity and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Fluent in English