The Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) Multi-Country Research Fellowship supports advanced regional or trans-regional research in the humanities, social sciences, or allied natural sciences for U.S. doctoral candidates, and postdoctoral scholars. Preference will be given to candidates examining comparative and/or cross-regional research. Applicants are eligible to apply as individuals or in teams. Scholars must carry out research in two or more countries outside the United States, at least one of which hosts a participating American overseas research center.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- PhD candidates must be ABD (all but dissertation) by May 2018.
- It is not required that you be affiliated with a U.S. academic institution to apply. As long as you are a PhD candidate at an accredited university, or have already earned your PhD, you are eligible for the fellowships.
- Group projects are admissible and will be evaluated as a single application
- Fellowship awards will not exceed $10,500.
- Funding is not available for research conducted in the United States.
- Travel is currently restricted by the U.S. Department of State to the following AORC countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen. CAORC abides by all State Department travel restrictions.
For complete information about this opportunity, including how to apply, click here.