DSW Program Director – School of Social Work
Posted: 3/5/2018 (Employment)
Tulane University’s School of Social Work invites applications for a 9-month tenured faculty appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. The DSW director provides academic leadership and oversight of the DSW program’s curricula and instruction to ensure successful delivery of the academic program. The expected start date is August 1, 2018.
Candidates shall have a strong active record of research, teaching, and service consistent with an appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor with tenure. The TSSW is seeking candidates with expertise in any of the following areas: Behavioral health, substance abuse, health disparities, or disaster mental health & trauma.
The DSW director is responsible for working collaboratively with the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and serves on the Schools executive committee. The DSW director will work with and support full-time faculty and adjuncts who teach in the program and provide logistical management for the program to ensure quality delivery. Candidates will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated comfort with data-driven program management.
The DSW director has a 3-month summer appointment supported by an administrative supplement paid out of 12 months. The DSW director administrative appointment will be reviewed every three years and will have the opportunity to be renewed; pending continued successful reviews associated with both administrative and academic excellence.
- Earned doctorate in social work or in a relevant field (e.g., Psychology, or Public Health).
- Successful record of accomplishment in research at the rank of Associate or Full Professor.
- Record of accomplishment of external funding and active research program.
- Previous academic administrative experience.
- Successful record of accomplishment of mentoring faculty and students.
- MSW from an accredited CSWE program and license eligible
Location: Tulane University