Health Scientist Administrator
Posted: 10/6/2016 (Employment)
Join one of the 24 Institutes and Centers within the NIH that awards extramural grants! Extramural grants account for approximately 80 percent of NIH’s budget and are awarded to investigators at more than 2,500 universities, medical schools, and other research organizations around the world. As a Health Scientist Administrator (Program Officer), you will take on a challenging, rewarding role with a direct opportunity to advance the mission of the NIH through stimulating, planning, advising, directing, and evaluating program activities for a portfolio of research projects and programs.
As a Health Scientist Administrator (Program Officer) at the NIH, duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform scientific and administrative reviews and analyses of applications/proposals from a programmatic viewpoint.
- Consult with and advise grantees/contractors during preparation of applications/proposals and provide guidance on program issues.
- Develop, coordinate and administer grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts established to fulfill the mission of the Branch and Division.
- Organize and conduct workshops, conferences, symposia, or similar activities.
- Visit universities, research institutions, commercial organizations, other government agencies, and public and private organizations to promote and explain the objectives of the program.
Consult the full posting for more information.
Location: National Institutes of Health