Instructor of Geography
Posted: 6/6/2017 (Employment)
Master’s in geography OR Bachelor’s in geography AND Master’s in geology, history, meteorology or oceanography OR the equivalent OR see Interdisciplinary Studies.
Verifiable successful Geography teaching experience at the college/university level.
Experience in teaching many of the Geography courses listed in the Victor Valley College Catalog:
- Introduction to Physical Geography
- Introduction to Physical Geography Lab
- Introduction to Cultural Geography (Human Geography)
- Geography of California
- World Regional Geography
- Map Interpretation and Analysis
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
- Introduction to Weather and Climate
Experience teaching Geography courses not listed above.
Experience in GIS.
Experience using computers and Internet applications in the classroom.
Must have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students. More information is available below.
Location: Victor Valley College