Policy Intern at Seattle Housing Authority
Posted: 7/18/2017 (Employment)
The Seattle Housing Authority (SHA), a nationally recognized leader in developing and maintaining affordable, innovative housing communities, invites applications for the position of Policy Intern to join its Policy & Strategic Initiatives team.
Under direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Policy Intern will assist with special projects, research and analysis that are focused on increasing the stability and self sufficiency of individuals with low incomes.
In accordance with the HUD Act of 1968, Section 3 guidelines, first consideration for this internship will be given to students from very-low or low-income households, including current Seattle Housing Authority/Section 3 Residents.
We are seeking a Policy Intern who is passionate about working in a collaborative environment to make a lasting and impactful change in the Seattle community.
To help SHA achieve this goal, the Policy Intern will:
- Develop and conduct research on the impact of household debt on low-income families
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data collected through household surveys
- Gather and analyze housing data to determine impact of policy/procedural changes
- Assist the Policy team in preparing informational materials such as memos, handouts and presentations on national, local or agency research and/or policy, for various stakeholder groups
- Assist the Policy team in administrative and other tasks that move forward research, policy development, evaluation and strategic initiatives
- Perform related duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate is pursuing a Bachelor or Graduate degree in public policy, public administration, business administration, or related field, and:
- Is driven, collaborative, and team-oriented
- Has a strong commitment to equity
- Is results-oriented
- Effectively engages others toward action
- Is inquisitive, acts with humility, and has a sense of humor
Location: Seattle, WA