Post-Doctoral Position, Southeast Asian Family Dynamic Study
Posted: 7/16/2019 (Employment)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable full-time Postdoctoral Fellow for the above project at the Centre for Family and Population Research, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore. The candidate should have expertise in the family and population issues in East Asia or Southeast Asia regions. The position will be tenable for a period of 2 years at the first instance, with the possibility of renewal.
The Centre for Family and Population Research is dedicated to scientific advancement of research and training in the study of trends, determinants, and consequences of family and population changes. This project is led by Professor Wei-Jun Jean Yeung to investigate the trends and patterns of family change in East Asia or Southeast Asia. Candidate will collaborate with the PI to publish relevant research in international journals.
The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A PhD degree in Social Science discipline from a recognized university;
- Research expertise in topics related to trends and changes in family, population and labour markets in East Asia or Southeast Asia;
- Advanced quantitative research skills;
- Publication record in areas related to the above specified research areas;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Strong organizational skill and interpersonal skill.
Invitation to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the following list of documents to the Centre for Family and Population Research via email: email@example.com to Ms Sascha Ng, with the subject title “Southeast Asian Family Dynamic Study”. We regret that only successful candidates will be notified via email.
- Cover letter and Resume (outlining your interest, qualifications, expected salary and publications if any);
- Research statement (max of 3 pages);
- Personal particulars form;
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants;
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades;
- 4 official letters of recommendation.
For more information, please visit the website of Centre for Family and Population Research, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: National University of Singapore