Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship
Posted: 3/5/2018 (Employment)
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides the opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world, to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU, often regarded as one of the most research-intensive university in Asia. The postdoc appointment is intended to provide a pathway to an academic appointment as an assistant professor or another international postdoctoral assignment.
The Fellowship provides:
- Two year tenure with a salary of SGD 80,000 per year.
- A research grant of up to SGD 100,000 per year.
- A housing grant of SGD 18,000 per year with eligibility for subsidized apartment accommodation (subject to availability)
- Relocation expenses of up to SGD 4,000
- Mentorship and support in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Graduated with a PhD degree and no more than 5 years of full time postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal
- Be available to take up the position no later than 31 October 2018.
- Applications for the Fellowship must be received by 5 April 2018, midnight (GMT+8). Late submissions shall not be accepted.
- The application form is available for download from http://www.ntu.edu.sg/ppf and applications are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following information is required for submission :
- Cover Letter
- Application form:
- Personal Details, including Education and Employment History
- Research plan, value to NTU, and expected impact
- Degree transcripts
- CV with Full Publication List (with information on citation and impact factor
- Two References (supervisor and one other)
- Additional Information (e.g. information on grants, patents, etc.)
- Successful applicants will be notified by 1 June 2018.
Location: Nanyang Technological University, Singapore