Research & Data Analyst
Posted: 10/8/2018 (Employment)
The Policy and Research Department is currently seeking a full-time Research & Data Analyst to support the Department’s research, analysis, and data management efforts. This is a unique opportunity to engage in meaningful, applied research and analysis on housing and social policy. The Analyst will assist in a variety of tasks and projects across the Department and agency, and will get to work on a variety of policy areas and analytic approaches.
This position is partially grant funded that may be renewable into 2020 and beyond.
- Analysis of agency administrative data, both for regular reporting efforts and in response to emergent requests;
- Preparation of data extracts and matched data sets;
- Creation and updating of data utilization tools, including reports, dashboards, and quality assurance tracking tools;
- Literature review and syntheses of best practices;
- Participation in qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and management processes including tool development, fieldwork, and data cleaning;
- Development of data reports, visualizations, and/or other briefing materials to effectively convey findings to intended stakeholders.
- Associate’s Degree with degrees preferred in public administration, public policy, sociology, community development, or related field AND three years of experience in housing programs, community development or social services OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ideal Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in qualitative and qualitative research applications including data collection, management, and analysis;
- Outstanding Excel skills and strong proficiencies in other MS applications;
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to introduce creative problem-solving to complex analytic puzzles;
- Knowledge of affordable housing policy and research and/or knowledge of related social policy arenas such as health, education, or other areas;
- Experience working with large and/or administrative datasets strongly preferred;
- Knowledge and skill in using analytic software programs such as Stata, Tableau, or GIS;
- Knowledge and ability in creating reports, dashboard, and other data summary and visualization materials;
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Collaborative team player that is at ease working with multiple and diverse stakeholders and who brings enthusiasm, curiosity, humility, and humor to their work.
Location: King County Housing Authority, Policy and Research Department