Senior Research Scholar, South Asia Policy
Posted: 11/28/2018 (Employment)
The Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center seeks to fill the position of Senior Research Scholar on South Asia to actively develop and promote policy-relevant research on South Asia at the Center.
Qualified applicants will have a Ph.D. (or other terminal degree) and a minimum of five years of postdoctoral experience publishing research related to policy issues in South Asia including (but not limited to) analysis related to political economy, domestic politics, economic development, public policy, security, international relations, and comparative governance.
The Senior Research Scholar, who is expected to be in residence and to take part in Center activities throughout the academic year, will have responsibility for
- conducting policy-relevant research on South Asia, individually and in collaboration with other social science scholars studying South Asia;
- organizing a seminar series on South Asia;
- developing and managing cooperative relationships with academic and policy research institutions in South Asia;
- serving as a mentor to postdoctoral fellows and global affiliate fellows at the Center as well as Stanford undergraduate and graduate students with related research interests;
- advising and collaborating with visiting scholars from South Asian countries; and
- working closely in coordination with the Center Director and with other faculty members within the Center and across campus to promote excellence in the study of policy issues in South Asia.
Initial appointment is for three years with a possibility of extension. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes an attractive benefits package.
Qualified applicants should have a professional or academic background in issues related to South Asia with a demonstrated capacity for analytical and policy-relevant research in an area of politics, economics, security, political economy or international relations of South Asian countries.
- A PhD in political science, economics, public policy, sociology, or other social science, or commensurate record of professional accomplishment, is required.
- Excellent publication record and/or evidence of outstanding potential for research and teaching.
- Well-developed conceptual and analytic skills and proven ability to design and develop a program of independent research, courses, and outreach.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, statement of current and planned research interests and three recommendation letters by January 31, 2019 to the link below and look for requisition Id: 81148
Location: Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center, Stanford University