Summer Intern, Demographic Directorate
Posted: 3/11/2019 (Employment)
The Demographic Directorate at the Census Bureau is recruiting for summer interns through the following two announcements
- ADDP-2019-0007 [Duty location – Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland Maryland, outside of Washington D.C.]
- ADDP-2019-0008 [Duty location – Jeffersonville, Indiana]
We are recruiting at the GS-1599, Grade, 7, 9, and 11 levels (bachelor’s degree obtained and higher). The announcements opened on Monday March 4, 2019 and will close at 11:59 pm ET on Monday March 11, 2019 or when the application limit is received, whichever come firsts.
- ADDP-2019-0007 has an application limit of 200.
- ADDP-2019-0008 has an application limit of 100.
We seek students with training in sociology, economics, survey design or data collection, demographic analysis, data science, statistics, project and schedule management, and/or quantitative analysis of large datasets.
Applications are accepted through www.USAJOBS.gov.
- ADDP-2019-0007. Direct link is also available here.
- ADDP-2019-0008. Direct link here.
Important Application Information:
- Please read the “qualifications” and “required documents” sections carefully and confirm that all required information is submitted with your application (including educational documentation).
- You must provide evidence of current (spring semester or equivalent) enrollment. If you are completing your current program this semester, you must provide a letter of acceptance or proof of enrollment into another qualifying program to be considered eligible for the position(s).
- The Jeffersonville position has an educational requirement (listed in the “basic requirements section”). An applicant may need to also upload transcripts or documentation from prior educational programs to show proof of meeting the eligibility requirements.
- Please apply to all grade levels for which you wish to be considered (for example, candidates may apply to the GS 7, 9, and 11 announcements if they feel they are qualified for all three).
- To be considered for positions in both duty locations, candidates need to apply to both the Suitland and the Jeffersonville announcements.
*Additional announcements may be posted to USAJobs.gov within the next two weeks for internship positions in other areas of the Census Bureau that will be open to current undergraduate students (GS 5 level and higher).*
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the Census Bureau Human Resources Representative using the contact information listed vacancy announcement.
If you have general questions regarding internships in the Demographic Directorate, you may contact the following
- Larry Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie VanEerden at email@example.com
- Melissa Scopilliti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: US Census Bureau, Suitland, Maryland or Jeffersonville, Indiana