Supercharge Your Research Team: The Lean Skills Every PI Should Know (ITHS Faculty Career Development Series, 11/08/18)
Posted: 10/18/2018 (Local Events)
The Faculty Career Development Series consists of monthly lectures that are designed to provide early stage investigators with tools, a forum for discussion, and learning opportunities to help advance their careers.
Translational science research, like many other fields, struggles to find the most efficient processes for managing multiple people and projects. In this presentation, Tom Gallagher, MD and Jennifer Sprecher, the ITHS Director of Lean, will discuss the use of Lean methodology in leadership for creating a high performance research team. They will share the latest on how to improve Lean leadership skills and tools in three key areas: vision sharing, effective team communication, and continuous improvement.
BY THE END OF THIS EVENT, LEARNERS WILL BE ABLE TO:
1. Discuss the differences between a charter and a study protocol
2. Identify how a charter can support project success
3. Discuss the core skills involved in facilitating effective team communication, as the team’s leader
4. Discuss the qualities commonly found in high trust teams
5. Describe the continuous improvement needed to improve team function
Registration is limited to early stage investigators. Please sign up through the link below
Light lunch will be provided
This seminar will also be webcast for off-site participants, register to receive a link.
Time: 11:00 AM-12:30 PM
Location: UW Health Sciences Building, Hogness Auditorium A-420