Upcoming Events On Campus and Online
Posted: 5/6/2022 (Demography News)
We’re excited to highlight several upcoming events open in-person or remotely:
- UW Women in Economics (WiE) is hosting a special event on Thursday, May 12th at 5:30pm featuring Nicolas Petrosky-Nadeau and Olivia Lofton of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, who will be presenting their research, “Perspectives on the pandemic labor market and working parents.” The event will be held in HUB 145 and doors open at 5:30pm. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP at this link.
- Math Across Campus at UW hosts its second talk of Spring 2022 on Friday, May 13th at 3:30pm in PAA 110. Professor Chaitra Nagaraja of Fordham University will be the featured speaker – her talk is entitled, “The Anatomy of a Number.”
- UW is hosting a Discovering AI@UW event on May 23rd from 8am to 5:30pm in the Lyceum Room of the HUB and on Zoom. This day-long event will host conversations with Artificial Intelligence experts from across the University of Washington campus.
- The National Academies Committee of National Statistics is hosting a virtual event on U.S. Household Income, Wealth, and Consumption Data & Statistics on Monday, May 16th from 8am to 1pm PDT. Registration is free and there is a great line-up of speakers.
- The Institute for Research on Poverty at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is hosting a Webinar on Wednesday May 11th at 11am PDT entitled, “The Wisconsin Approach to Developing Administrative Data Resources for Research & Evaluation.” Registration is free.