West Coast Poverty Center Webinar on Poverty and Hardship in WA State
Posted: 1/3/2021 (Local Events)
The UW’s West Coast Poverty Center is hosting a webinar on “Poverty and Hardship in Washington State: A Mid-Pandemic Update” on January 7th at 9:30am-11am. The presentations will include up-to-date estimates on poverty and material hardship in Washington State, followed by a discussion about how these trends are playing out across the state. Panelists will consider how policies and programs have responded to Washingtonians’ increased needs and what further measures are needed.
- Zach Parolin, Research Scientist, Columbia University
- Lori Pfingst, Senior Director, Economic Services Administration, Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
- Drayton Jackson, Co-Chair, Governor Inslee’s Poverty Reduction Work Group
- Vanessa Gaston, Director at Clark County Community Services and Board Chair, Washington State Community Action Partnership
- Moderator: Jennie Romich, Professor, University of Washington/WCPC
For details and registration, please visit the webinar link.