2018 Fulbright Senior Scholar Fellowships to Israel
Posted: 4/11/2017 (Funding)
The United States-Israel Educational Foundation (USIEF) plans to award up to eight grants to members of academic staff, to senior professionals, or to accomplished artists or writers for visits to Israeli institutions of higher education to be carried out during the 2018/2019 academic year.
The visiting fellows’ programs of work may include research, lecturing, or a combination of lecturing and research.
The program grants will support visits of 4 months. This program is open to all fields of study.
Prospective applicants must secure an invitation letter from an accredited Israeli institution of higher education.
- $4,500/month for unaccompanied grantees
- $5,000/month for grantees accompanied by one dependent
- $5,500/month for grantees accompanied by two dependents
- $6,000/month for grantees accompanied by three or more dependents
- limited health insurance for the grantee only
- orientation meetings in the United States (attendance compulsory) and in Israel, and other grantee events during the course of the year
The Senior Scholar Program is administered for the Department of State by the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES). Details on the program and on submission of applications may be found on the CIES website.
Those interested may also contact the CIES staff member responsible for the Middle East region for further information:
Lisa Hendricks, Regional Lead
Applications must be submitted to the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES) by August 1st, 2017.