Assistant Professor – Population Health Research
Posted: 11/24/2019 (Employment)
The Department of Health Services at the University of Washington seeks to fill one or two full-time faculty positions with a focus on Population Health Research as an Assistant Professor (WOT*) on a 12-month service period, with an anticipated start date in fall 2020.
Applicants for this position should have research interests focused on populations in the United States whose health status is impacted by social and structural inequities, such as immigrant populations, people with lower socioeconomic status, racial and ethnic minorities, rural communities, and sexual or gender minorities. The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Focus on general health services research, health policy, and/or implementation science.
• Demonstrate strong methodologic skills, including qualitative, quantitative, or mixed-methods research approaches.
• Work in collaborative interdisciplinary research teams.
• Establish and maintain research ties to underserved communities.
• Involve graduate and undergraduate students in faculty-directed research and/or mentor diverse graduate and undergraduate students in independent research.
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
• A letter of interest describing your mentoring experience, research interests and teaching history;
• A one-page diversity statement that describes your experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as your potential to contribute to our diversity mission and commitment to being an anti-racist institution; and
• Curriculum Vitae (including description of extramural funding).
Review of applications will begin December 14, 2019. The position is open until filled.
To apply: https://apply.interfolio.com/70946
If you have questions please contact:
Holly Bergstrom, Manager of Faculty Human Resources – email@example.com
Department of Health Services, University of Washington
Location: Department of Health Services at the University of Washington (Open until filled)