Demographer at NICHD Population Dynamics Branch
Posted: 11/21/2016 (Employment)
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) seeks a social demographer or economist to be a Demographer in the Population Dynamics Branch. The Demographer will manage and develop a portfolio of innovative grant-supported research and research training and identify scientific opportunities to generate new knowledge supporting the NICHD mission.
- Providing administration and scientific evaluation of funded research;
- Advising NICHD leadership on significant research findings and proposing future program emphases;
- Representing the branch at review meetings and scientific conferences;
- Presenting and justifying funding plans to NICHD leadership and the National Advisory Child Health and Human Development Council; and
- Responding to inquiries from Congress, NIH leadership, and others and explaining research results and priorities to multiple audiences.
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management locates the Demographer position within the Sociology series 0184. The ideal candidate will possess a Ph.D. in Demography or in Sociology, Economics, or Public Policy with substantial expertise in Demography. The work site is Bethesda, Maryland. Salaries will be competitive and commensurate with experience; excellent benefits will be provided. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to ethnicity, gender, national origin, age, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. The position will be posted at the GS-14 federal government salary grade, producing an annual salary range of about $108,887 to $141,555.
Interested parties are strongly urged to contact Drs. Rosalind King and Regina Bures (Program Directors, Population Dynamics Branch). This is a pre-announcement of the vacancy, which will be posted on www.usajobs.gov. Applications must be submitted through that website to be considered. Please check that website regularly for updated postings, as positions are only open for 10 days.
Location: Bethesda, MD