Post-Docs, Impact Assessment
Posted: 4/28/2019 (Employment)
IFAD’s Research and Impact Assessment Division (RIA) is looking for three post-docs as of July 1, 2019. Post-Docs will be based in Rome at IFAD for a two year’s appointment as UN Temporary Professional Officer at a P2 level.
IFAD is committed to conducting impact assessments on 15 per cent of its project portfolio. The projects are selected for impact assessments in an attempt to be representative of IFAD’s overall portfolio. This allows IFAD to report on the corporate impacts of its operations making it the only international financial institution that reports impact at the corporate level. RIA is the division leading the impact assessment initiative and committed to increase IFAD’s visibility in the international academic environment.
Post-Docs will be engaged in RIA’s activities and provide support in the following areas:
- Impact Assessment Projects using ex-post non-experimental approaches
- Policy relevant research papers to be published in peer reviewed journal on issues of relevance for IFAD-RIA
- Production of policy notes and briefs
The positions will focus on empirical analysis of agricultural household data from developing countries—impact evaluation data and LSMS-type household level data. Post-Docs will be involved in all the activities throughout the project cycle of the Impact Assessment Studies (Planning, Implementation, Analysis, Report Writing and Dissemination).
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Prior field work experience
- Experience in Impact Assessment
- Ability to work in one or more of the following languages: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic.
Post-Docs must have completed their PhD no earlier than May 2018
Interested candidates should apply by filling out an online form by May 10, 2019.
Candidates should upload the following documents:
- Cover Letter.
- Writing sample (for example research statement, PhD dissertation summary, working paper or published paper)
In the interest of making most cost effective use of funds and resources, we are only able to respond to applicants who are short-listed for interview.
Candidates who do not receive any feedback within one month from the deadline should consider their application unsuccessful.
Location: Research and Impact Assessment Division, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Rome