2019-2020 Graduate School International Research and Study Fellowships
Posted: 11/9/2018 (Funding)
Funded by the Chester Fritz and Boeing International endowments
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, JANUARY 28, 2019 at noon (PST)
For 2019-2020 the Graduate School will award one-quarter fellowships to support international study or research abroad by UW graduate students. These grants are available to fund research and/or study periods of three months, corresponding to regular UW quarter dates. During the quarter of their award, fellows are required to register for study abroad through UW Study Abroad. The program fee is covered by the fellowship. Graduate students in fee-based programs are not eligible to apply. No extra money is included for airfare.
These fellowships are available to fund research and/or study periods of one quarter (three full months) abroad during the 2019-2020 year (autumn 2019 through summer 2020). These awards DO NOT support faculty-led UW study abroad programs.
In allocating these awards, priority will be given to applications that address the following:
- clear statement of the research and/or study that will be done on the fellowship;
- evidence of the relationship between the proposed study/research and the applicant’s academic program;
- evidence of the necessity to go overseas to conduct the study/research and the relevance of the university or locale to the planned research (including evidence of affiliation, if required or appropriate, to carry out the proposed project);
- evidence of appropriate skills (including language competence) to carry out the proposed project; and
- demonstration of the proposal’s innovativeness or contribution to the field.
Students who have already received a Graduate School Pembroke Award, a Graduate School Fritz or Boeing Fellowship, or Western Europe Travel Grant are ineligible to receive this fellowship.
For more information and to begin an application, please visit our website.
Questions can be directed to Michelle Drapek in the Graduate School Office of Fellowships and Awards: email@example.com, 206.543.7152.
Location: UW Graduate School