Assistant Professor, Criminal Justice
Posted: 10/18/2018 (Employment)
Recruitment Number: F1810
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Position/Rank: The Department of Criminal Justice at Western Oregon University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the assistant or associate professor level.
- Ph.D. in Criminal Justice, Criminology, Sociology, Political Science, or a related field or PhD in unrelated fields if currently appointed as a Criminal Justice faculty in another baccalaureate program (ABD’s may be considered if completion of the Ph.D. occurs prior to start date).
- Experience teaching in criminal justice at the baccalaureate level or other relevant field experience; distance education teaching experience, and the ability to teach a variety of courses required by the Department especially on topics related to research methodology, juvenile or/and adult corrections as well as those of interest to the successful candidate.
- Areas of research include Juvenile and Adult Corrections, Criminological Theories, Deviance, Youth Crime, Community Crime Prevention, Justice System Processes and related areas. Other areas may be considered.
**Candidates applying for the position of Associate Professor are required to have held the rank of Associate Professor at another institution of higher learning. (Tenure process is outlined in the Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement)
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the University typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular University appointments.
Start Date: September 16, 2019
Contact Information: Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dr. Vivian Djokotoe, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com
For questions regarding the application process or to submit your application documents, please contact Human Resources at 503-838-8552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Process: You may submit all materials online atwww.wou.edu/facultyapp
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- A WOU Faculty Application Form (available at wou.edu/facultyapp)
- Letter of interest that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community.
- Current curriculum vita
- Unofficial copy of transcripts for highest degree
- Names and complete contact information for three (3) references
** Three (3) current letters of reference may be required at a later date. At least one of the references must be a teaching address.
As an alternative, you may submit application materials to:
F1810, Asst. /Assoc. Prof., Criminal Justice
Western Oregon University
Human Resources Office
345 N. Monmouth Ave
Monmouth, OR 97361
-OR- E-mail as an attachment to email@example.com -OR- Fax to 503-838-8144.
Western Oregon University (WOU) www.wou.edu is a mid-sized public comprehensive university located in the heart of Oregon’s lush Willamette Valley. The university serves a large number of first-generation college students. WOU has received national recognition for its commitment and success in serving students. The campus is about 20 minutes from Salem, the state’s capital, about 75 minutes from Portland, the state’s cultural hub, and a short drive from the Oregon coast, mountains, and other scenic areas. The university is located in an increasingly diverse, bilingual, and rural area in the Willamette Valley. Our student body of about 4800 undergraduate and 600 graduate students enjoys a vibrant and close-knit intellectual community.
Western Oregon University is an EO/AA/Veteran/Disability employer committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
Location: Western Oregon University