Assistant Professor of Sociology
Posted: 9/12/2017 (Employment)
The UCLA Department of Sociology invites applications for two tenure-track positions at the assistant professor level, to begin fall 2018, subject to budgetary approval. For one of these positions, we are particularly interested in candidates with experience in Conversation Analysis, but we welcome applications from scholars in all substantive areas and methodological approaches to sociology whose experience in research, teaching, and community/collegial service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to excellence and diversity. Candidates are expected to hold a doctorate degree in sociology or a related field by the date of hire, July 1, 2018.
To apply, candidates must submit (a) a cover letter, (b) CV, (c) statement of research and teaching interests, (d) statement of contributions to diversity (e) writing samples (f) and the names of three individuals who will write letters of recommendation. Applications will be accepted via the UC Recruit web site at https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF03237 beginning August 22, 2017. The deadline for applications to be submitted is October 5, 2017.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service.
- Writing Sample #1
- Writing Sample #2 (Optional)
- Writing Sample #3 (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information