Demography Job Opening, Cropper GIS
Posted: 10/10/2018 (Employment)
Cropper GIS is a consulting firm based out of central Ohio, and we primarily work in the K-12 school planning industry. The services we provide to clients include enrollment forecasting, school facility planning, redistricting, and online map hosting. Our company is small, but we do big things and are growing. Our staff works from home offices, but this candidate will be expected to travel to client sites (estimated 5-6 nights per month during Fall/Winter). Our work environment is laid back and we have fun, but the work can be rigorous at times. Fall/Winter is crunch time, but we enjoy a slower period during late Spring and Summer.
We are looking to add 1-2 staff members to our team. It would be preferred if the candidate lived in the Midwest or East Coast. Depending on the resumes received, the qualifications listed below may necessitate hiring 2 persons. The required/desired qualifications of this candidate/s includes:
– GIS experience (geocoding, polygon editing, cartographic skills)
– Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
– Ability to work from home
– Ability/Confidence to present to audiences (committees, school boards). We know it’s rare, but someone who is good at tech while also a ‘people person’ would be perfect!
– Ability/Willingness to travel during the week (no weekend travel)
– Experience in demography, developing enrollment projections and/or population forecasting
– HTML5 and experience developing online map solutions (ArcGIS online and/or custom mapping applications)
The candidate will eventually be expected to manage projects and work directly with clients, once they are ready.
Depending on the required and desired skill sets of the candidate, the annual salary for this position can range from $40,000 to $75,000, also with potential for performance bonuses.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Cropper GIS Consulting, Remote