Graduate Program Coordinator – Department of Anthropology
Posted: 2/6/2018 (Employment)
Function as Graduate Program Coordinator for the UW-Madison Department of Anthropology. Manage and coordinate complex administrative processes involving the graduate program policies and procedures from admission to graduation. Interpret, advise, and direct student admissions procedures. Function with and act as the principle information liaison for the graduate students, Director of Graduate Studies Committee, Admissions and Awards Committee and the Department Administrator and Chair. Must possess extensive knowledge of Graduate School and departmental degree requirements. Assist and resolve student problems related to the Graduate School/Department processes. Develop, modify, organize and maintain current and past student files and databases for report and staff use. Work assignments are performed under general supervision. The Anthropology faculty is divided into the following areas of interest: Archaeology, Biological and Cultural. Knowledge of each scope of faculty member’s area of research is essential to this process.
For questions on the position contact: Kristine Schultz, email@example.com or (608) 262-2868
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references, including your current supervisor. References will not be contacted without advance notice.
Cover letters will be used as a writing sample and to determine the best qualified applicants. Thus, your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to this position including your work experience in the following, if applicable, and where it was performed:
– Demonstrated clarity, accuracy, and professionalism in grammar and writing
– Handling time-sensitive and confidential matters in a timely manner
– Acting as the primary point of contact and program resource person in an organization
– Proven responsibility for providing clear, concise, detailed information on policies, guidelines and processes through in person, phone and written communication
– Compiling multiple document types from varied sources and independently producing administrative and statistical reports
– Experience managing recruitment, membership, or admission processes in an academic setting
Location: University of Wisconsin-Madison