Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Intersex and Asexual (LGBTQIA) Adolescent and Young Adult Health Research Award
Posted: 11/26/2018 (Funding)
The Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM) is excited to announce the first annual Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Intersex and Asexual (LGBTQIA) Adolescent and Young Adult Health Research Award to support research and program evaluation focused on LGBTQIA adolescents and young adults ages 13 to 26. The overall goal of this annual award is to increase the visibility of the needs of this unique, diverse and resilient population.
Completed applications are due by 11:00 p.m. CST on Wednesday, January 22, 2019.
Developed and envisioned by the LGBTQIA SIG, the award will provide $3,000 in funding for one of the following areas:
· LGBTQIA adolescent and young adult health
· Sexual identity in adolescents and young adults
· Gender identity in adolescents and young adults
· LGBTQIA health services access & delivery
· LGBTQIA patient education
· Provider training on some aspect of LGBTQIA adolescent and young health, health service access & delivery, or sexual & gender identity
All disciplines are welcome to apply. Membership within SAHM is encouraged but not required.