Posted: 4/25/2017 (Employment)
Green River College seeks an Instructor of Sociology to teach SOC 215: Survey of Criminology and SOC 271: Sociology of Deviance. The successful candidate will also help to develop curriculum and create new courses in Sociology. Approximately two-thirds of teaching responsibilities will include Sociology survey courses (SOC 101: Introduction to Sociology). We seek an Instructor who embraces the community and technical college mission and the faculty role of contributing to the general education of students who will apply learning to the world of work and/or transfer their education to a university. We also prioritize the recruitment of an instructor well-versed in the study of social and structural inequities and who can teach criminology and/or deviance from that critical perspective.
- Teach transfer-level Sociology and Criminology and/or Deviance courses.
- Create new curriculum and courses focused on Criminology, Deviance, and other critical sociological content areas.
- Advise students, serve on committees, and perform other duties as outlined in the negotiated collective bargaining agreement.
- Participate in college and division professional activities, including (but not limited to) meetings, planning, scheduling, and program assessment.
- Maintain strong collegial and collaborative relationships within the Sociology Department, the Social Science Division, and the Green River College campus community.
Location: Green River College