The Future of the VA: Privatization or the Model for a US Single Payer System (CHIPS Symposium, 3/21/2019)
Posted: 1/25/2019 (Local Events)
The Center for Health Innovation & Policy Science invites you to our inaugural Annual Health Policy Symposium, “The Future of the VA: Privatization or the Model for a US Single Payer System”, on March 21st, 2019 from 6:00-8:00pm in Kane Hall 210. Please join us for a timely and thought-provoking discussion followed by a period for audience questions, moderated by UW heath policy expert, Aaron Katz.
Our panelists include:
- Suzanne Gordon– Author of Wounds of War and Senior Policy Fellow at Veterans Healthcare Policy Institute
- Stephan Fihn, MD, MPH– Head, Division of General Internal Medicine, Professor of Medicine and Health Services
- Hugh Foy, MD– Professor of Surgery, UW School of Medicine; member of Physicians for a National Health Program – Western Washington Chapter
- James Tuchschmidt, MD, MM– Chief Executive for Clinical Programs and Physician Strategy, Providence Health Systems
- Kelly Wadsworth, MDiv, PhD– Speaker, pastor, Iraq War Veteran, and member of Veterans for Peace
If you’d like to attend, please visit our Eventbrite webpage to reserve your spot as we have limited seating: https://2019-chips-symposium.eventbrite.com
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com. Thanks and see you all March 21st!
Time: 6:00-8:00 PM
Location: Kane Hall 210