Visiting Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology
Posted: 3/13/2018 (Employment)
The Department of Sociology and Anthropology seeks a full-time one-year visiting assistant professor of cultural anthropology to begin August 2018. We seek a ethnographically grounded cultural anthropologist who specializes in medical anthropology. The successful candidate will be required to teach a 2/3 teaching load. In addition, the candidate must work effectively with colleagues and students in an interdisciplinary setting.
The successful candidate must have
• a PhD in Anthropology in hand by the start of the appointment.
• ability to teach Introduction to Cultural Anthropology and Medical Anthropology.
• excellent oral and written communication skills.
• effective interpersonal skills.
• demonstrable record of effective teaching experience at the university level.
• strong research agenda
The department is looking for a colleague who can complement the scholarship of current faculty members. The program and department value interdisciplinary work, therefore preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate an ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting, as well as with programs such as Tribal and Indigenous Peoples Studies (TIPS) and Women and Gender Studies (WGS). In addition, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Visit the link below to learn more and apply.
Location: North Dakota State University