Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) Conference
Posted: 11/28/2016 (Local Events)
Registration is now open for the 26th Annual Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) conference. Workshops and presentations will be offered all day that speak to the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) educational and career opportunities as well as professional and personal development. Women scholars of science and engineering at all levels are encouraged to attend. There are great opportunities to network and explore.
If you or your department has not participated in the past, this conference is focused toward the woman scholar who is interested in and/or pursuing engineering and science from high school through graduate level and beyond. Here is a list of ways we invite our campus community and departments to be involved in the conference:
- Share with your department students and encourage them to attend the conference.
- Sponsor registration for students in your department to attend. Student registration is $25 per student.
- Provide general conference sponsorship at $100 minimum:
- This includes participation in the conference Career Resource fair (CRF) by having a 6X6 (and two chairs) department information table. CRF Time: 12:00 – 1:30. Lunch will be included for up to two volunteers. If additional student or staff volunteers would like to volunteer at your table, the cost is $20 and you may register them as a student.
For your convenience, department and student sponsorship registration can be completed online at the link below.
- UW departments registration Access code: DAWGS2017 (not case sensitive).
- Please note the on-line registration will close Saturday, January 28th, 2017. There will be no on-site registration.
WiSE appreciates our campus departments’ financial and in-kind support in previous years and is looking forward to your continued participation. Any inquiries about the conference registration process may be directed to Katherine Glesser.
Time: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM PT
Location: University of Washington, HUB