CSDE Affiliates Edit and Contribute to New Volume – Socio-Demographic Perspectives on COVID
Posted: 10/4/2023 (CSDE Research)
CSDE Affiliate David Swanson and his colleague Richard Verdugo led the publication of a new research collection entitled Socio-Demographic Perspectives on the COVID-19 Pandemic (Information Age Publishing) which is now available here. CSDE Affiliates providing contributions included Sara Curran, Jessica Godwin, Neal Marquez, Arni Rao, David Swanson, and David Takeuchi. Their chapters cover a range of topics from methodological approaches to substantive comparisons among Native Americans, across race and ethnicity, political divides, community characteristics,
- The Struggle to Obtain Reliable COVID-19 Information, David A. Swanson and Eric G. Tyberg.
- Producing Summary Statistics of COVID-19 Cases and Deaths Over Time: A Note on Using Geometric Measures, Not Arithmetic Ones, Richard Verdugo, Arni S. R. Srinivasa Rao, Steven G. Krantz, and David A. Swanson.
- Modeling and the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Local Area Perspective, David A. Swanson.
- A Simple Method for Estimating the Number of Unconfirmed COVID-19 Cases in a Local Area That Includes a Confidence Interval: A Case Study of Whatcom County, Washington, David A. Swanson and Ronald E. Cossman.
- An Early-Warning COVID-19 Alert and Response Protocol for Seasonal Resort Communities, David A. Swanson and Peter A. Morrison.
- Viral Infections, Race, and Age in the United States, Neal Marquez, Jessica Godwin, and Sara Curran.
- Broadband Access During a Pandemic: 2020 U.S. Census Results for the Hopi and Lummi Reservations, David A. Swanson.
- The Relative Risk of Dying From COVID-19 Among Those Infected Reveals a Disturbing Portrait of Both COVID-19 Mortality and Non-COVID-19 Mortality in the United States, David A. Swanson, Dudley Poston, Steven G. Krantz, and Arni S.R. Srinivasa Rao.
- A Danger to Public Health? Republicanism and the COVID-19 Pandemic, David A. Swanson and Eric G. Tyberg.
- U.S. Policy and COVID-19 Cases and Deaths: An Analysis, Richard R. Verdugo, David A. Swanson, Arni Rao, and Steven Krantz.
- Anti-Asian Hate During the Pandemic, Michael P. Huynh, Anne Saw, and David T. Takeuchi.
- America’s Post-Pandemic Future: A Demographic Perspective, David Swanson, Peter A. Morrison, Dudley Poston, Steven Krantz, and Arni Rao.