Post-Doctoral Research Fellow and Pre-Doctoral Research Assistant
Posted: 9/26/2017 (Employment)
3 job openings at the Federal Institute for Population Research (BiB), Wiesbaden (Germany):
- 2 post-doctoral research fellows (full-time, salary scale 14 TVöD)
- 1 pre-doctoral research assistant (80%, salary scale 13 TVöD)
Deadline for applications: 4 October 2017.
- A post-doc on migration for the Institute´s research project on internal migration and mobility, which focusses on understanding patterns, processes and determinants of internal migration, spatial mobility and commuting at the aggregate and individual levels. See job offer 275/17 (in German) for details.
- A post-doc on migration for the DFG-funded “German Emigration and Remigration Panel Study“, which aims to collect primary data to investigate individual-level motives and consequences of international mobility between Germany and other Western countries. See job offer 276/17 (in German) for details.
- A pre-doc on fertility for the research group “childlessness and large families” who will be involved in the cleaning and analysis of datasets on fertility (e.g. Human Fertility Database, Generations and Gender Programme [GGP]). See job offer 272/17 (in German) for details.
At the post-doctoral level, we are looking for candidates with excellent research profiles in international and/or internal migration, spatial mobility, or in a cognate research area. The candidates should have strong skills in the quantitative analysis of spatial / longitudinal data sets.
For the pre-doctoral position on fertility, we especially welcome applications by candidates with demographic skills.
The post-doctoral positions are initially for 4 years; the pre-doctoral position is for 2 years.
For more information (in German): http://www.bib-demografie.de/DE/Institut/Jobs/Stellenangebote/stellenangebote_node.html.
Location: Federal Institute for Population Research (BiB), Wiesbaden, Germany