Research and Evaluation Internship at King County Housing Authority
Posted: 5/2/2017 (Employment)
The Research and Evaluation (R&E) Internship is an ideal opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate student interested in pursuing a career in social science research, program evaluation, data analysis, or human services in the public sector. This internship will provide an opportunity to acquire hands-on experience while developing a greater understanding of applied research methods and the role of program evaluation in driving programmatic decisions. The R&E Intern will play a critical role in advancing KCHA’s learning goals, with specific focus on supporting the evaluation of KCHA’s short-term rental assistance program, the Student Family Stability Initiative (SFSI). The intern will also contribute to additional R&E projects.
The R&E Intern can look forward to being fully engaged in important work including:
- Primary data collection via phone and mail surveys
- Ensuring accurate data entry
- Analyzing data and sharing findings with KCHA staff
- Participating in agency and departmental meetings
- Familiarity with affordable and/or homeless housing policy
- Experience or coursework related to program evaluation
- Ability to synthesize and package information for specific audiences
- Confidence with quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques
- Strong communicator
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Vietnamese a plus
- Current student or recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate program in public affairs, sociology, or related field.
For more information and to apply, go to www.kcha.org/employment/openings.
Location: Tukwila, WA