Posted: 8/30/2016 (Employment)
The Training and Statistical Development Branch of the U.S. Census Bureau’s International Programs is seeking to hire a Survey Statistician/Demographer. The ideal candidate would have international experience and be familiar with the census and/or survey life cycle. The position requires about 25% overseas travel focused on training staff from National Statistical Offices in developing countries.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide training and technical assistance to NSO counterparts in various census or survey related activities (planning and management, budget formulation, questionnaire and enumerator manual design and development, field staff training, data processing, analysis, and dissemination) through short-term field missions to developing countries
- Participate in strategic planning exercises associated with the Washington, D.C. based International Training Program
- Collaborate with staff in the development of DAPPS
- Develop and update training materials for international workshops
- Liaise with a variety of foreign governments, universities, and local and international stakeholders in census and survey operations
For more information, email email@example.com.
Location: Washington, D.C.